Effective date: 1st July 2020
Scentful (“Scentful”, “we”, “us” and “our”) is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Like any organisation, we are required to follow the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), effective from 25th May 2018. The GDPR aims to protect the privacy, freedoms, and rights of all EU citizens and places more strict criteria on organisations regarding how personal data is processed. The data controller is Scentful in the UK and our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at email@example.com.
Types of Data Collected
We may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information when using our site that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable data may include, but is not limited to:
- Contact and profile information, including name, email address and postal address (including post code).
- Account information, including your transaction details and successful payments.
- Credit card information, including the name on the card, card type, card number, expiry date and CV2 is collected and processed by our third party payment processor called Stripe.
- Communications to us, for example reporting a problem or submitting queries, concerns or comments regarding the site, its content or your account.
We may use your personal data to notify you with newsletters, marketing or promo materials, as well as other information which may interest you. By using the unsubscribe link or instructions given in any email we send you can opt out of receiving any or all of these notifications from us.
We can also gather information about how you access and use the site (“Usage Data”). This usage data may include information such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer, browser type, browser version, and pages of our site you are visiting, the time and date of your visit, time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic information.
Tracking Cookies Data
Your browser may be instructed to deny all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is sent. If you decline cookies, you will not be able to use all portions of the site. We use Google Analytics and MailChimp.
Use of Data
Scentful uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our site and services
- To notify you about changes to our services
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our service
- To monitor the usage of our service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under GDPR
Scentful may process your personal data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
Transfer of Data
Your data, including personal data, may be transferred to — and kept on — computers located outside your state , province, country or other jurisdiction where data protection laws may vary from those of your jurisdiction. We keep most of the data in the UK.
Under special conditions, Scentful may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Scentful may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Scentful
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
We aim to keep your Data secure, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or electronic storage method, is 100 percent safe. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your Rights under the GDPR
Scentful aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your personal data.
If you wish to be informed what personal data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your personal data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us for assistance.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Scentful relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our service (“Service Providers”), to provide the service on our behalf, to perform service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our service is used.
These third parties have access to your personal data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party service providers to monitor and analyse the use of our service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We deliberately do not collect personal data from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that we received personal data from your children, please contact us. If we realise that we have collected personal data from children without parental consent verification, we make efforts to erase such data from our servers.